As a parent, you play a critical role in supporting your baby’s development during the first six months of life. Here are a few tips on how to How to Support Development in Babies Under 6 months.
- Talk and sing to your baby: Your baby loves the sound of your voice, and talking and singing to them can help support development in babies under 6 months by supporting their language and communication development.
- Provide lots of tummy time: Tummy time is essential for your baby’s physical development, helping them strengthen their neck, shoulders, and back muscles. There are so many ideas for new and exciting tummy time activities in our Adventure Babies classes.
- Encourage exploration: Babies are naturally curious, and encouraging them to explore their environment can help support their cognitive and sensory development. Offer your baby a range of toys and textures to touch, feel, and explore. We have so many beautiful sensory storytelling bag sets to use at home which can be bought in our online shop.
- Establish a routine: Babies thrive on routine, and having a consistent schedule for feeding, napping, and playtime can help support their emotional and social development.
- Offer comfort and security: Your baby’s emotional well-being is just as important as their physical development. Offer comfort and security through hugs, cuddles, and other forms of physical touch.
Remember, every baby is different, and development occurs at its own pace. Be patient and offer your baby love and support as they grow and develop. With your help, your little one will reach new milestones and achieve great things!